
I'm still picking gnats out of my teeth and eyebrows. BUT, I made it 16 miles on the Legacy Parkway trail today (It's a very nice trail and I saw and heard some cool birds), 13 miles last week, next week I'm going for 20 and the week after 26. So...on race day I'll just have to add 11 miles more. No problem right? The numbers sound daunting so I'm coming up with a new plan.
I tend to ride until I can't then take a break. I'm thinking though that if I took scheduled stops say like every 5 miles whether I need it or not I should be able to last the distance. Which by the way is now 37 miles instead of 35. What's up with tacking 2 more miles on the end?? Maybe I'll just add them to the beginning. :D
So Peggy, if you are reading this, what do you think?
21 Days and counting. If I was smart enough I'd add a counter on the side...but as of yet I can't figure it out. Anyone have ideas?

15 comments:
Breaking in intervals sounds good to me. I notice a difference in my running when I stop to stretch frequently (stretching = resting!) so I assume it would be the same for biking.
Are you saying you don't know how to add a counter?
I was just thinking about your biking adventure yesterday as I was biking my 1 mile home from work . . . in a head wind . . . uphill :) But seriously, I'm impressed with what you're doing. And yes, I think breaks at intervals would help a lot. You CAN DO IT!
Good for you!! I will be there too!! I will be a Ham Radio operator working to get supplies to the locations they are needed.
Cool Jamie... You can scrape me off the road if I don't make it. :) How come I didn't know you had a Ham Radio license?
Ugh, even 1 mile in a headwind sounds like NO fun Sharon!
Brenda...yes I'm having trouble with a counter. I saw there was a 'gadget' available through blogger but every time I try to add it it says it is broken. I tried adding my own code I found somewhere and it whacked everything out. So if you have a way to do it let me know.
Do things like, "And by the way, I now have a Ham Radio license" come up in everyday conversation? :) I don't, but like he said, Jamie does.
I mainly headed here to congrats you again on appearing on BalancingEverything.com. Makes me kick myself that I didn't jump in on advertising there.
You are right Marni. We have a lot of Ham Radioers in my family. Joan & Mike and my sister Peggy and her husband Richard have all helped out on the Latoja bike race before. Richard was thinking of doing the LIttle Red, but I don't think he is.
As for advertising? THe jury is still out on that. I haven't had anyone use my coupon code yet so its unknown if I'm having any success. There is always next month!
Brain Cramp! That would be LOTOJA
My dad helped with the LOTOJA last year. And yes, we knew Mike and Joan are Hams. Jamie keeps trying to get me to do it.
Marni we should do it together. Mike and I keep 'thinking' about.
I've only gone as far as 10 miles at a time. I'm trying to go up whatever little incline or hill I come across without shifting down so maybe it will be easier on the real thing. I had Richard drive me around the loop and most of it looks doable, but there is a bit of a hill on the first half and then again on the way back! We'll just keep on huffin, right?!
Make your ticker at tickerfactory.com and then copy and paste the code they give you. :0 Good luck- with the ticker and the race!
Thanks Gina!
Nice...now that I was clued into another ticker, the blogger ticker is once again working! Hmmm...thinking which one I want to keep.
Post a Comment