Friday, March 27, 2009

Impatient

I'm an impatient learner. Yep that's right, I hate things that take a long time to master. Probably the reason for my dabbling in a lot of things but master of none. I, however, am determined to work on this little character flaw of mine. I want to become good at something...not just good...really good. So bear with me. My chosen outlet for this little character building exercise is photography, which includes post production...or in other words photoshop. I just got Photoshop Elements a couple days ago and have since spent much too much time playing around with it. The nice thing is I happened across this fun little (big) blog and the author's easy to understand tutorials. Here's my first attempt that I feel is at least post worthy. Please remind me that it takes time to get good at hard things. :)
Straight out of the camera shot
Tinkered with shot

Well it will be a long path, but hopefully it will be fun too!


10 comments:

Brenda said...

That is awesome!

Sharon said...

I love the picture . . someday I hope to be a better photographer. Somehow what I see doesn't seem to come out when I take the picture. But I too will be patient, and keep trying.

Marni said...

Pioneer Woman rocks - have you seen the other blogs she does too? (Off her main page.) If you haven't found this already, here's a super cool pretty easy trick to play with, but I don't know if you can do it with elements.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/03/one-of-my-favorite-photoshop-tricks/

Also, a week ago I heard about aviary.com - free photoediting software that is supposed to do everything photoshop does. I haven't played with it, though.

BTW, I feel like a dabbler too. See, I don't do much photo editing (except for jewelry pictures), but I can sure pass you on to where to learn more. My uncommenty friend likes to play with photography too, right Cindi? (We'll see if she see that.)

Kat said...

Yes, I've been devouring Pioneer Woman's whole site...but especially the photoshop posts.

Susan said...

Really nice. I love how the red cluster jumps out at you and contrasts with the more muted colors in the background. They say that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert at something. I believe it for photoshop! There is a lot of depth and power. It is great that you are keeping a record of your journey.

gina said...

That is a great first try! I had a free trial of photoshop for a month and didn't buy it because it was so hard to figure out. Maybe someday when I have more time... lol. Who knows when that will be. You are doing good so far though!

Kat said...

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

Let's see 10,000 hours only 9990 to go. :D

Welcome Susan.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. I just recently bought photoshop elements too.

I want to master cute digital scrapbook pages!

Kat said...

Sweet Jana...we'll have to compare the cool tricks we figure out.

Anonymous said...

Yes we will!!