Monday, March 2, 2009

Taking a Field Trip

Today Savanna, Ethan and I took a trip to the Grand Canyon. Did you know it is more than 275 miles long? It has 10 different rock layers. It became a National Park in 1919 but the first evidence of human life dates to 2000 BC. You can find big horn sheep, lizards, squirrels, birds and other animals there.

These are the pictures from our journey....medium...crayons and watercolors.

Look close to find the very happy big horn sheep who is ready to take flying lessons. :)

Ethan took a more expressionistic approach...he is positive there are train tracks somewhere in the canyon.

Originals currently on display at the Clark Art Gallery. Admission: Free.


4 comments:

Brenda said...

And, you Clarks are artistic, too? Does the talent ever end?

Sharon said...

Love the artwork - I think Ethan's is my favorite. Think he'd do one for me?

Kat said...

Yeah Sharon, I think he works pretty cheap...chocolate chip cookies would definitely get you a 'master piece'.

Sharon said...

I'll have to see what I can whip up when y'all come to visit.