C--omfortable pajamas. Like usual we spent the day decked in our jammies, eating good food, playing games and not worrying about anything.
H--appy. The memorable faces we saw during our delivering of neighborhood Christmas gifts. I love doing this, it is one of the only times we make contact with some neighbors in the year, but over the years it has created friendships. The neighbors next door invited us in and offered us tea. The neighbors on the end are now used to us doing that and last summer they even walked the two houses away to sit and chat for 20 minutes! One neighbor down the street invited us in and told us about all her family traditions. My kids sang for her and listened politely. The comment after by Tim was, I'm really glad we did that and Sierra gave her a great big hug. I think it was more than our night that was enriched. And one last one, the primary teacher. None of my kids had her this year, but she is well into her 80s and has taught Emily, Tim and Sierra. Savanna is next on the docket. She sometimes gets forgotten in the rush not only by the ward, but by her family. I think she is the most thankful of anyone that I have ever given a gift to. I've received thank you calls (multiple times) in the middle of the summer for Christmas gifts. She is a unique individual, and my kids love her. Her smile and tears are what makes Christmas Christmas for me.
R--eunions. Christmas is a time to be with family and there was no shortage of that this year. We had a great time With Mike's family & Brooke's family on Christmas Eve. Word to the wise, Andy is probably lying about being a Werewolf and Brooke's Mom definitely is! Reuninoning on my side of the family was a treat too. So nice to see my niece Heather after 18+ a little months in Argentina on a LDS mission. I love my nieces and nephews. Everyone of them is a great friend and example to my kids.
I--ce cream. Mike's family had a tradition of ice cream sundaes on Christmas Eve so I meant to keep that alive with them on Christmas day...but we forgot. They were yummy for Ethan's birthday though.
S--anta...ours is a bit slow in the head giving Tim his Christmas wrapping paper and all. But, he's still a hero and I'm glad my kids are appreciative of his efforts.
T--raditions. We have a ton of them and they really make the season for me. I can't even share all of them as some are secret.
M--erry & bright. The lights...that will still be on for some weeks. I call it therapy.
A--ngels...they many friends that have made our Christmases bright this year and in years past. This year was a year of not many worries but there have been plenty that were not and I can't tell you how many angels have helped us a long the way. I only hope that we have been angels for someone else.
S--atisfied. Says it all.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I wish I could get that same feeling handing out neighbor gifts as you do. It feels more like you gave to me so I am giving to you or the other way around. I do love giving, though. Especially when it will brighten someone's day or if they are in need.
You certainly brighten my Christmas. I will never forget your thoughtfulness.
Delivering the neighbor gifts sounded awesome. Love the idea of ice cream sundaes on Christmas Eve.
It was so good to see you guys. Thanks again for coming up for the game.
Well I can't say I've always loved neighbor gifts. It's much easier now I sell kitchenware to get some kind of funky gadget to give away. But I think the difference for me is that these gifts are not reciprocal. I rarely get gifts from the neighbors I give to. I just really want to get to know them better and it's just one way of doing that. A lot of my neighbors don't go to the same social functions so its hard to get to know them.
Sharon it was a blast to see you! So much fun. Thanks.
Post a Comment