Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


One of my friends, Brenda, awarded me the Honest Scrap Award. I accept and will pass it along to other bloggers who will be named later.

There are rules to this deal. They are as follows:

1. Present this award to 4 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design or those who have encouraged you.

2. Tell those people that have been awarded the HONEST SCRAP AWARD and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.

3. Share “10 honest things” about yourself.

Here are my 10 things.

1. I am a terrible housekeeper.

2. I don't want to be a terrible housekeeper.

3. Some days I would be totally happy to sell my business and be a 'normal' mom. (OK many days but not all days...some days I love it.)

4. I really try to understand my in-laws but sometimes I just don't get them. But, I still love them. I'm sure there have been many times they don't get me either. Give and take I guess.

5. I wish I could convince Mike to go skiing with me AND go to musicals with me. I know, two things totally not related. Even though he doesn't I still love him. ;)

6. Sometimes I wish we could move out of Utah. Not forever, just as an adventure. But, on the other hand, I am EVER so grateful for living close to [most] of my family and for the closeness my kids have with their cousins.

7. I wish my kids were closer with their cousins from the 'other' side of the family and I try hard to encourage those relationships.

8. I keep my Christmas lights on through the whole month of January, not because I'm some weird Christmas wacko...but because I think it's good therapy to battle the emotional letdown after the holidays.

9. I am really proud of my kids. They make many good choices. I am trying to be better at acknowledging those rather than harping on the bad ones.

10. I am slightly obsessed with photography right now. And I don't apologize for it.

OK my 4 people to pass this on to:

Amanda
Marni
Brooke
Amy
Lisa

Oops that's 5. I guess I'm not good at following rules.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

If you get Mike to go to a musical, I'll get Dave to dance with me.

Kat said...

Tell Dave there is no need to run out to buy dancing shoes. :)

Marni said...

Thanks for the award. :)

Mike just doesn't know what he's missing!!! Start your kids young. I make mine watch them with me all the time. Sunday we watched "My Fair Lady," and a couple weeks before that it was "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." Even the boys liked that one!

Once they've been exposed to the music I like to terrorize them with it. Drove around singing "Get me to the church on time" yesterday (hey, that should be our new Sunday morning song), and Adam LOVES being woken up to "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" and "Good Morning, Good Morning!" He would lie and say he hates it, but deep down I know he's feelin' the greatness of it all.