How long will it be until Kat remembers to do 10 Digit Dialing???

This is worse than writing out the wrong year on checks...I mean really how often do I write checks anymore? And yes I use my cell phone all the time...but almost ALL of the numbers stored don't have the area code in front.
For all you non-Utahns (all one of you. LOL) We have sadly run out of room on our 801 area code so instead of setting up a NEW area code for the state we now have an OVERLAY. End result we have to dial all 10 numbers to call anyone...even my sister across the street. URGGHH It is faster to run over there now.
UGH>>>>>I just took a break from this rant to make a quick phone call...and you guessed it...EVEN then I didn't remember. It's official...I'm brain dead.
Please leave your eulogies below.
(The font is so large because face it...you should talk a bit louder when you are ranting....right?)

12 comments:
I am so with you, sister. (Not the sister across the street sister, or any blood sister for that matter...) I also need to reprogram my cell phone, and I've been thinking I need to tape 801 signs on our telephones. I think they put the most annoying noise they could come up with on the phone, hoping some Pavlov's dog response would happen so we could learn quicker that we have to dial the area code. Stinks!
Oh, you poor Utahns having to deal with 10-digit dialing - LOL. I've been doing it for years. Okay, I really do sympathize with you, but this too shall pass, and pretty soon, dialing just 7 digits will be a distant memory, like . . . like . . ? ? ? okay . . . like my memory - just a distant memory. And now when I have to dial numbers that don't require an area code, it throws me off. Put on your running shoes Kathryn, they'll come in handy running across the street instead of dialing 10-digits. LOL
Ouch...ok I've been reprimanded. :D I'll pull up my bootstraps and carry on.
Well, there is a blessing to have only gotten my first cell phone 8 months ago: I have hardly any numbers in my phone, thus converting to the 10-digit system was easy (cell-wise, I mean!)
But, I am with you on the dialing. It's terrible. Do we have to teach our kids the long number now?
And, I liked the large font. It made me feel like you were really shouting it out.
We've had this in Massachusetts for quite a few years now, and it did take a long time to get used to. Now, when we go to Connecticut to visit family, my favorite thing is to make local phone calls that do not require all those stupid numbers!
Good luck - and thanks for visiting my blog! I'm looking forward to checking out the posts you recommended about the lead law (there's a rant that deserves big letters, too...)
:-)
Karen
LOVED THE LARGE FONT! I might steal that idea the next time I find something to RANT about. It really got your point across.
I had know knowledge that Utahans were being forced to dial 10-digits. That would drive me CRAZY!
Sharon--I am laughing at being reprimanded. Do you have 10 digits in Flagstaff?
Marni...we need to hear the ugly tone BEFORE we start dialing...Strange that I'be been telling people all 10 digits for months now when I have to give my number...mostly my problem is with numbers I know rather than say the doctors office or something I don't call very often.
Brenda you do have my number in your phone don't you. ;) LOL
Stone Age..thanks for stopping by. I totally agree on the font size about the lead issue.
Jana...here I thought you WERE in Utah. Where are you?
We don't have 10-digit dialing in Flagstaff, but since my home/cell phone number is still Oregon, I have to dial 10-digits any time I dial someone "across the street". So at work, I always have problems dialing local numbers - it's that memory problem acting up again :)
I from Idaho and I live here. We lived in Utah for 9 years and all of my kids were born there. So I feel like a little bit of me belongs.
Jana...that's good to know...You see what happens when I ASSUME things. :)
we've done this for quite a few years in MA and it gets worse. Any other town- even those with the same zip code- are LONG distance and require dialing a 1 first then 10 numbers! AND it's a long distance charge. We get unlimited long distnce with Charter- otherwise we'd go broke. :)
'Nice' Gina. What a pain. At least they aren't gouging us with the long distance charges...yet. I'm sure they will. Thank goodness for unlimited long distance on the cell phone.
Interestingly I read a report that Utah was #2 in the country for households having no land line...only cell lines. I still think its important to have a land line for emergencies, but it they start charging long distance charges willy nilly I can see we will climb even higher in the rankings.
Post a Comment