Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More Random Bloggy Things to Blog About

*Emily had her first fieldwork of the new school year yesterday. They are learning about Utah and transportation starting with the Mormon Pioneers. So yesterday they hiked 4+ miles of the path the pioneers took to come into the Salt Lake Valley. The highlight of the trip? 2 dead Moose. Yeah...I'm shaking my head too.

*Tim's Math and Astronomy teacher met me by the car today when I picked up my kids from school. She started the conversation with,

"Are you Tim's Mom?"

Surely a phrase that makes a Mom's heart skip a beat. ;) But as it turns out she just wanted to 'say hi' and tell me he is 'doing great'. ~Mom's heart beats again and urges lips into a smile~

*I am so OVER allergies. Or at least I wish I was..."bwahhhaaaahhhaaa"

*Ethan on our way home from walking Savanna to school yesterday morning.

Me: You are getting to be a big boy.
Ethan: No, I'm a medium boy.

*Savanna upon finding out that she got to go to school YET AGAIN this morning.
"Oh Goody!!!"

*Sierra's constant refrain over the last couple of days.
"When does soccer start again?" Thanks goodness for tomorrow. I hope we can find some cleats that fit!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random things are my favorite! Enjoyed this post.

Last year the school called and started the phone call with "Are you Kamden's mom?" I was so freaked out. All they needed was to know if his immunizations were up to date. I was shaking when I got off the phone.

Kat said...

Jana...this post was inspired by you.

Anonymous said...

Ahh...that is sweet.

Sharon said...

2 dead moose? Is there an epidemic?

It's tough to know when you go from small to medium to big - looks like Ethan has it figured out.

Kat said...

Sharon--I was wondering the same thing about an epidemic. Emily said one was very 'old' and the other newer. Still weird.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yeah...the dead moose was quite the experience...the thing that made me kind of ...oh what's the word...creeped out about it all is the fact that this one weird kid in our carpool kept telling us on the way there "I'm gonna get a picture of a dead moose!". We were all just, "Yeah, sure...you do that..." and then it happened! I swear he summoned them...