The sub-title for this post is
How my Kids Rocked Their Day At School.
- Emily's teachers had a meeting yesterday after class to discuss their upcoming expedition that starts in January. Some of the topics in the running were 'Ghostowns of Utah', 'Water', and well the third one escapes me. Needless to say, Emily was NOT impressed with the possibilities. She suggested to her teacher that they might do an expedition on Food. While her teacher took that as somewhat a tongue in cheek suggestion, Emily set to work writing a persuasive essay for the cause. Yesterday her teacher read it to the school director (Principal) and all the other 6-8 grade teachers. She was informed this morning that while they may or may not use her idea (the kids won't know until January) that her paper received a 4 out 5 on the AP English scale of writing. Being only an 8th grader, this news DID make her day. Some of her supporting themes included the topics they could study might be nutrition, agriculture, manufacturing and distribution. I think Emily rocks because she even thought of getting her point across in this way. She may not get extra credit for her paper, but I giver her an A+ for her GoToITiveness.
- Tim...well Tim is a great thinker but sometimes struggles getting his thoughts on paper. So I was very happy that Tim rocked his day by getting his 'From the perspective of an Oil Drop' essay, his poster and all other assignments in on time and complete. Hallelujah!
- Sierra (the third grader) rocked her day by finding out that on her recent Math test in her (mostly 4th grader) class--she was the ONLY one to get a perfect score! You go girl! We do love math around here. :)
- In a somewhat random form, I learned Savanna has a lazy eye from her Kindergarten teacher. Am I the only one that is clueless about their children's eye problems? Whoops. On a good note, it doesn't seem to be holding her back in the reading department and her teacher gave me a great report on her behavior too. Thank goodness.
- Ethan...well he didn't rock school today, but he did participate in Library time with gusto and that in and of itself is rock worthy.

5 comments:
Way to go Emily. BTW, I've been wondering if you'd consider letting Emily have her own blog. She seems to have an interest in writing, and it would be fun to respond to her thoughts.
On another note: I LOVED it when you said GoToITiveness. You are appealing to my love for words that are not words but really ought to be words.
I actually thought she would have started one by now. She was waiting until she was 13 so she was eligible for a blogger account (without having to fudge her birthday). I too would love to see what she writes.
There are just so many good words out there that don't exist.
You and your ought be words are making me happy!
I would like to read Emily's blog if she decide to have one.
Your kids ROCKETY ROCK ROCKED!
Forget school, I'll give Emily her first food learning assignment. I got to hang out with Lara from LazyOrganizer.com for a few hours today, and we got on the topic of the food changes they've made in their family after sharing Sammy's different issues with her. She suggested I read "Original Fast Foods." When the person she had lent her copy to pulled up to pick up her son where ours also were returned the book, Lara handed it to me to read. I would share, but I only have it for a week. I've put in a request to our library to buy it, but if it's that great and I'm excited about it I'll have to buy a copy. Check out originalfastfoods.com. Or look up exciting things like "green smoothie" on Lara's blog.
Way to go Clark's - happy to hear you're all "rockin' your world.
Post a Comment