Tuesday, October 13, 2009

4828 Days...

Is how long we have been a diaper changin' household. Yep for the last 13 years, 2 months and 12 days we have had at least 1 sometimes 2 kiddos in diapers. That is well over 20,000 diapers if you were to average 4 per day.

I'm sorry Kimberly-Clark, but the days of us single handedly keeping you in the black are OVER!


Funny isn't it how things can change so fast. A week ago I was lamenting, and then 3 days ago the switch flipped.

What, you might ask, made all the difference? SPIDER-MAN.

If you know me at all you know I'm NOT a fan of marketing super-heros to kids who aren't old enough to watch the movies. I actually despise it. I do all in my power to not buy things that are related--my mini boycott if you will. But, YES, I broke my resolve. You see a certain 3 year old while never seeing the movie is a HUGE fan. (Thanks to a buddy of his.) He knows the web slinging poses and everything. Friday, Mike suggested we buy him some Spider-Man underwear. I told Ethan if he could stay dry for a day, he could wear them, by Sunday afternoon it was all over. The switch flipped. I'm not naive enough to think we are completely out of the woods yet, but out of 5 kids I've never seen someone so invested in the cause.

So grudgingly, I offer my sincere thanks to the Super-Hero in red and blue.

Spider-Man you are MY hero today.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hooray! It was a big package of construction vehicles at Target that did the trick for my 3-year old. Funny how quickly they catch on with the right motivation.

Brenda said...

Way to go, Spidy (and Ethan). Kat, you've dealt with sooo much poop over the years that I can only say how happy I am that the DiaperFest is OVER!

Sharon said...

Whatever the motivation was, glad to hear the "switch was flipped". Here's to many years of a diaper-free home!!

Anonymous said...

I love the 'I've never seen someone so invested in the cause' comment!

Don't ya just love it when you have to allow something you've been "mini boycotting"!?!

Peggy said...

Wahoo for you!