Friday, April 24, 2009

My books arrived!

In my continuing educational pursuit of better photography, I, on a whim last week, ordered (2) photography books (I bought them in a set) and (1) photoshop book. They are all authored by Scott Kelby who is a photography/photoshop professional trainer dude.


I have a feeling that Scott would like that description of him. Why you ask? Have you ever read a funny photography book? I hadn't either...until now. He is hilarious...and smart and he doesn't make you feel like photography is for the elite uppity ups that have money for all the fancy doodads. He talks to you like you are his best friend and the two of you are on a photoshoot together. How refreshing. I have to admit that I spent the good part of 2 hours yesterday devouring the first photography book and I am eager for more. Luckily the books help you along the learning process and you can use them as references not just sit down and read straight through books. He even inspired me to dig out my camera's user manual and actually figure out how to do some things that have been bugging me for the last 2 1/2 years. I tell you those user manual people could learn a trick or two about not boring your readers half out of their minds.

So while I am still only beginning this photography journey, I am once again psyched about it. I hope to have something new to share with you soon. :)

5 comments:

Sharon said...

wow - a "how to" book that is hilarious! Makes me want to read it just for the laughs. I do agree that the user manual writers could learn a few things about making it an interesting read. You know me, I read almost all owner's manuals, but it is tough to make it to the end . . . I'm never dying to know how it's going to turn out :)

Marni said...

I love it when my maillady brings me new books. She did it for me three times this week!

Can't wait to see more examples of your great new talent.

Anonymous said...

You are going to learn so much, and it seems you will have a jolly time learning it!

gina said...

i've heard good things about his books! taking pictures is my only creative outlet most days... have fun!!

Brenda said...

And who said how-to books had to be boring?

BTW: We need an update on Carmelo. What's he up to?