I was 100%, unequivocally, absolutely, with no-doubt, RIGHT.
Sometimes it's NOT good to be right.
Sparing the details for all those who have yet to experience this special kind of torture and for all those who are not in the midst...I am 0 for 3 today so far.
P.S. If you must heckle me because my son is nearly 3 1/2 and still not potty trained. Please take a number and go wait out in the rain. I'll get to you....uh never.

9 comments:
Oh, Kat I feel your pain...feeeel it!
My little guy was over 4 before he was potty trained. I am the world's worst potty trainer. SERIOUSLY! I think I should be in the worst potty trainer hall of fame.
Good luck and I have Zero advice!
Whoppee...I have a lot to look forward to when I have kids, huh. :)
Hey Emily, you don't have to look forward to it. You can practice now. :)
Jana, Ahh the Potty Training Hall of Shame...I am sure I would be inducted too. You'd think on the 5th kid, I'd have a clue....you'd think wrong.
#5 has been pretty tough here too. You'd think we are always home, but every time I start potty training something comes up, someone (parent or said child) gets sick, etc. etc. Just after our last effort I got sick one week then she got sick the next. Then I decided to wait till after our backpacking trip so I wouldn't be dropping off a partially potty trained kid to my friend watching the kids. Now we'll be out of town for a reunion in two weeks. Do I go crazy now hoping she'll be "done" then, or put it off two more weeks??? I'm sick of buying diapers for her!
Marni,
I feel the scheduling pain. I've been putting it off for weeks (months) because we just had 'too busy' of a week. This week is the only one for several on either side that isn't complicated by 'extra' things. Just regular have to go everywhere anyway things. Seems fitting that Ethan has really put on an indpendent streak as of late. i should have done it back in April when he was still sweet. ;)
Kat: I'm hurting for you girl. Ugh.
Some day you'll look back on this with fond memories and perhaps a laugh or two - especially when you're not involved. Like me. (I'm smiling!)
Peggy: I'll have to trust you about the fond memories. I still shudder over toilet training and it has been 3 years since I last did it. Bad bad memories.... so bad.... I'm scarred for life.... Hopefully one day dementia will settle in and I will forget.
Hmmm...I think I can wait. Good Luck Mom! Sorry if I caused you any potty training trouble...
Post a Comment